Saturday, February 23, 2008

Will it ever end???

All week we were hearing about the impending storm, 1-3 inches. I watch as the snow piles up past that three inch mark and scream at home when I know I need to cancel the afternoon and evening classes!! (Childrean and dogs run whimpering from room!!) I send out emails and post on website--didn't receive any hate mail yet!!! 8pm--still snowing, 10pm--still snowing, MIDNIGHT (after a marathon viewing of The Stand--NO we didn't finish it) just a little flurry of snow....

6am--Ok wake up early to check out the situation. My road is always one of the last to be plowed so I don't get the best judgement of the scene outside. Puppy needs to go out (to go the bathroom but instead jumps through the snow for 15 minutes having fun, while I glower at him to just do his doody ), and I notice that there is 8+ inches of snow on the ground. WHAT THE HECK--that is WAYYYYYYYYY more than 1-3 that they were saying we were to receive!!! Can forecasters be that far off base?? Don't they know that small business owners rely on their expertise daily??? Not to mention hubby and I were going to have a weekend ALONE--Nana was taking the kids for the weekend. All that shot with one inaccurate report.

I know in both my centers, my team of instructors put a lot of thought, effort and fun in each of their classes!! When I tell you, you will laugh, work hard and have fun doing so--each of my instructors brings "it" every day!! We all take pride in our classes and our students--and I know we HATE cancelling classes because of snow!! Finding the good in a day like this is, staying home and watching the beautiful snow falling. Having the kids nearby (a little more antsy perhaps but happy) to watch Monk on TV!! Late breakfast/Early dinner of pizza delivered by Daddy in his truck!! Holding hands with daddy and enjoying the amount of time we finally have to watch MOST of The Stand together!!!

So my point is work hard, try your best no matter what--and if the lemons become lemonade, go with the flow and make it work!!! Happy day everyone--It is BEAUTIFUL out there!!!

2 comments:

P&P Fit said...

Your neighbors over here are alive and well and having class...hope you have a great day and glad you're all safe!

Nancy said...

We need the snow to stick around another 10 days until my ski trip is over:) Let it snow, baby!!